Just a week ago, I got my first radio interview: I talked for 20 minutes with Marielle Smith, the producer of Energy-Wise. The short segment played Monday morning on Newsradio 970 KFBX (and perhaps the other local Clear Channel stations). We covered:
- Our denied pedestrian right;
- The social aspects of pedestrian-friendly neighborhoods and cities;
- The need for and convenience of destination-rich, mixed-use neighborhoods;
- The benefits and challenges of bus ridership in Fairbanks;
- Problems with, and suggestions for, Fairbanks’s city planning; and
- Reasons to prefer light rail to buses.