- Why can’t this thing get me more than 250 results? When you get only 250 hits on
britney spears (vma OR "video music awards"), there’s clearly a problem. Who could be happy with only 250? I can’t figure out how to increase them.
- I am distrustful of dynamic clustering, especially of web pages, which have little structured metadata and no controlled vocabulary. It’s kind of cool and may get you something better than your average Goo-gul search, if you need to search “the web”, but wouldn’t you be better off using a proper journal index? This kind of clustering is important, but it points to the need for faceted browsing in controlled-vocabulary catalogs and indexes.
- It’s swell that you can keep a “working list” of websites you find, but you can also do that with Ask.com, and with more results.
- If you like dynamic clustering, try Clusty or other search engines powered by Vivisimo, like USASearch.gov.
- The map is confusing. How are things clustered? It’s not clear, and I like my searches more transparent. I have this feeling when using EBSCOhost, and there it’s even somewhat clear what the clustering criteria are.
If you check my del.icio.us bookmarks at http://del.icio.us/adasiak, you’ll see I’ve added a link to a YouTube presentation of a parody of Britney’s tragic performance at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards. It’s tagged